Bologna, Italy (June 12 - 21, 2014)
Why take a mission trip?
The Great Commandment: Matthew 22:37-39
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
The Great Commission: Matthew 28:16-20
"All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son an the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with your always, to the end of the age."
What are the Trip dates?
Leave: Thursday, June 12, 2014
Return: Saturday, June 21, 2014
Who can be a part of the Italy Mission team?
The Bologna Italy trip is for FBC members 15 and older with a heart to join God in the work He is already doing in Italy.
What will the Italy Mission team be doing?
1. Serve the City
- Formed a relationship with the Bologna government
- Cleaning up a park/ painting the playground equipment
- Morning ministries- wear shorts and t-shirts - tennis shoes
- Time frame (10 AM - 2 PM)
2. Exchange of Cultures
- Church camp
- Church invites people in for Americans to teach English
- About 100 students come to camp in July
- What the church has asked:
- Saturate parks (same as the morning) with fliers for these camps
- Play whiffle ball, toss a Nerf ball, soccer games/ basketball games
3. University of Bologna
- Engage the college students in Gospel conversation in the piazza at the university.
How will the Italy Mission team get there?
The Italy Mission team will travel to Bologna, Italy by commercial airline through Charlotte, NC to Munich, Germany then to Bologna.
Where will the Italy Mission team sleep?
Our Italy a Mission team will sleep at a Youth Hostel in Bologna.
What is the cost?
The approximate cost is $2,600 per person which includes:
- Ministry materials
A passport valid through December 2014 is required and not included in the above cost.